Sunday, October 5, 2008

Perfect Pot Roast



I have had this recipe for a while that I don't even remember where I found it!

All I know is that it truly lived up to its name and was really great!!

2 tbsp oil

1 (3LB) Beef Chuck Roast

1 pkg dry Italian Salad Seasoning Mix

1 pkg dry Ranch-Style dressing mix

1 pkg brown gravy mix

1 (14.5 oz.) can beef broth

Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Brown the roast on all sides in the hot oil. Place roast in crock pot. (I always spray my crock pot with PAM for easy clean up)

In a small bowl, mix together the Italian salad dressing mix, Ranch dressing mix, and gravy mix. Sprinkle evenly over the roast. Pour in beef broth.

Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4-5 hours. You can use the juices as an au jus, or thicken with flour or cornstarch to make a yummy gravy.

1 comment:

Adrienne and Ryan Mangus said...

This is a good recipe! I tried it with eight elk steaks in the crock pot. They tasted good!