Thursday, October 9, 2008

Hospitality Cup or Wassail


Here is a drink I love. I didn't even start liking it until last year and my mom has been making it for years. I guess tastes change. It is a super secret recipe she got when she was in Home Ec in high school. You can only get this recipe here (JK:). Everyone has a different name for it. The recipe my mom has calls it hospitality cup. I love it--really warms you up and is ooooo so good!! (I think Emily had like 5 cups tonight, I won't tell how many I had all day:)!

1 cup sugar
3 cups water
6 whole cloves
1 cinnamon stick
Simmer 10 minutes and let stand for flavors to mix (several hours). Remove spices and heat in large kettle, then add:
3 cups apple juice or apple cider
2 cups orange juice
2 cups pineapple juice
1/4 cup lemon juice

Bring juices to simmer, just below boiling. Serves 12 teacups.

No comments: