- 1 recipe for a double pie crust
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, diced (I made this even simpler by substituting 1/2 a bag of frozen carrots and peas for the celery and diced carrots)
- 3 tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cubes chicken bouillon
- 2 cups water (I used a can of chicken broth instead of bouillon and water)
- 3 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 1/2 cups cooked turkey, cubed
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1/2 cup milk
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Roll out bottom pie crust and place in the 10 inch pie pan and set aside. (I used a 9 inch and it worked fine)
Place 2 tbsp of the butter in a large skillet. Add the onion, celery, carrots (or frozen peas and carrots), parsley, oregano, salt and pepper. Cook and stir until the vegetables are soft. Stir in bouillon and water (or can of chicken broth). Bring mixture to a boil. Stir in potatoes, and cook until tender but still firm.
In a medium saucepan, melt the remaining 2 tbsp butter. Stir in turkey and flour. Add the milk, and heat through. Stir the turkey mixture into the vegie mixture, and cook until thickened. Pour mixture into the unbaked pie shell. Roll out the top crust, and place on top of filling. Flute edges, and make 4 slits in the top crust to let out steam.
Bake in preheated 425 degree oven for 15 mintues. Reduce oven temp to 350 degrees and continue baking for 20 minutes, or until crust is golden brown!