Loved, loved, loved this salad! It isn't anything different or new, but it was a great way to have a summer dinner without all the cooking! You can even use leftover chicken for this and then it would be super fast! All the ingredients can be prepared ahead of time too, which makes this a great busy day dinner or even a great lunch idea too!
Barbecue Chicken Cobb Salad
(Our Best Bites)
- 12 cups romaine lettuce (or whatever your family will eat. I used a combo with iceburg lettuce)
- 8-12 ounces grilled barbecue chicken (or leftover chicken is great too!)
- 8 ounces bacon, cooked and crumbled (easy hint-cut your bacon with your kitchen scissors before you cook it and it is already crumbled and cooks fast!)
- 2 Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- large avocado, pitted and diced
- 3 hard boiled eggs, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- I also added in mine ~ sliced carrots, diced red pepper too!
- Zesty Blue Cheese Dressing and Dip (in Dips and Dressings section)
You can divide the lettuce among different bowls or mix it all together. My family prefers to add what they like to the salad, so the tomato haters don't get tomatoes! I had all the ingredients prepared and added them to the salads as family members preferred! Just be sure your kids end up with some vegies, mine tried to only eat the barbecue chicken!
Top with all the yummy ingredients above and put on your favorite dressing or try the Zesty Blue Cheese!