Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

I found this recipe last week when I had some left over oatmeal from canning a 25 lb bag.  I was in the mood for oatmeal cookies and decided to search the blogging world to find a new recipe.  I think this has become my new favorite oatmeal cookie.  The cookie was moist and chewy, not crunchy and hard like sometimes happens.  I am now replacing my last recipe with this one!
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

  • 1 cup butter, at room temp. (I used 1/2 cup margarine and 1/2 cup butter)
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 tbsp milk
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 2 1/2 cup oats
  • 2 cups chocolate chips (I used about 1 1/2 cups)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Line your baking sheets with parchment paper.  I did this and it was very easy clean up.  I am not sure why this is needed.

In a large bowl, cream together the butter and the sugars until mixture is light in color.  Beat in the eggs 1 at a time.  Then add the milk and vanilla.

In another bowl stir together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.  Gradually beat in the flour mixture to your butter mixture.  (I hardly ever put all the dry ingredients together.  I usually add the baking soda, powder and salt first and then add the flour a little at a time)

Stir in the oats and chocolate chips on slow speed or the recipe recommended by hand.  Refrigerate for 30 minutes before cooking for a puffier cookie.

Drop balls of dough on prepared cookie sheets, placing about 1 1/2 inches apart so they have room to spread.  Bake for 10-13 minutes, until golden brown at the edges and light golden at the center.

Cool on baking sheet for at least 1-2 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.

No comments: