Thursday, June 2, 2011

Hot Spinach and Artichoke Dip

I think this dip turned out really good!  In fact there wasn't much leftover but a few spoonfuls!  I kept telling myself this isn't that bad for you since I am eating a lot of spinach and good artichokes!  Yes I know I am only fooling myself, but oh well!  This was a super simple dip to put together and it had great flavor!  It is definitely a party dip keeper!
Hot Spinach and Artichoke Dip
(Our Best Bites Cookbook)
  • 1 (9 ounce) box frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
  • 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
  • 1 cup mayonnaise
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice ~ I used the bottled kind
  • 1 tsp hot sauce
  • 2 tsp dry parsley
  • 1/4 tsp pepper
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 (15 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
  • 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Make sure all your liquid is drained out of your spinach.  The book recommends a clean dry cloth, I used a few paper towels.  I will say the chopped spinach didn't retain too much moisture.  Place in a medium bowl.  Add the cream cheese, mayonnaise and sour cream.  Mix together well.  Make sure to get all the cream cheese mixed in!

Add remaining ingredients and stir together. 

Spray a square baking dish (8 x 8 or 9 x 9) with cooking spray.  Place the dip in your prepared pan and then cook for 35-45 minutes.  It is done when bubbly and hot!

Serve with crackers, tortilla chips, french bread or whatever you like!

1 comment:

Trisha Hayes said...

I was hoping you would put this recipe on here! This was soooo yummy! I probably ate half the pan that night. Couldn't get enough of it!