Thursday, September 2, 2010

Cherry Chicken Salad

Cherry Chicken Salad

I got this recipe from my sisters kitchen. I loved that it was quick, simple and didn't require much planing ahead! Sorry no pictures, my camera is broken at them time. I added and substituted were I used italic.

  • 3 poached, boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized chunks (I actually grilled mine)
  • 1/2 c. dried cherries (I didn't have cherries so I used crasins)
  • 1/2 c. chopped pecans, lightly toasted in a dry skillet
  • 3 green onions, finely chopped
  • 1/3 c. mayonnaise, regular or low fat or plain yogurt
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • I added a handful of sliced grapes and sliced celery
  • lettuce leaves

Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and gently mix together. Refrigerate before serving. Serve on lettuce leaves, garnish with a sprig of parsley and a few pecan halves. Fresh fruit and crescent rolls make a nice accompaniment. We actually eat all our chicken salad on croissants these days. I only had it in my refrigerator for about 45 minutes and it still tasted yummy!

No comments: