Sunday, September 12, 2010

Roasted Red Potatoes with Cheese

This is the second roasted red potatoe recipe I have tried! I found them both about the same time and my family loved both kinds. I think it just depends on if you are in the mood for cheesy potatoes or not, or maybe if you have breadcrumbs or not!
Try them both and let me know! Both are simple and great to be able to just stick in the oven and not have to worry!
Roasted Red Potatoes
  • 8 medium sized red potatoes (about 10 cups chopped)
  • 1/4 cup olive oil (I am going to try less next time)
  • 1 pkg Onion Soup mix
  • salt and pepper
  • 1 cup cheddar cheese

Chop up the potatoes and try to make them about the same size so they cook evenly.

Pour potatoes into a 9 x 13 pan (she didn't mention to spray, but I did). Add the oil and onion soup mix. Stir it around to incorporate.

Bake at 425 for 35 minutes. Give them a few stirs during baking to prevent it sticking to the bottom. I stirred them about half way and then again. They do tend to start to stick if you don't stir.

Sprinkle the cheese on the top of the potatoes when done. Turn your oven to Broil and let the cheese get melted and bubbly! This should take less than 5 minutes. Don't forget to watch and make sure they don't burn!

No comments: