Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Dehydrated Apples

This last Saturday I bought a case of apples from Bountiful Baskets. Our family has loved the apples! They have been sooooo good! I have been really impressed with the fruits/vegies I have gotten from them!
With all the apples (which we love to just eat too!) I have started my dehydrator again! I have come to love this thing again! We have had it for over 10 years and have used it more in the last few weeks than ever! They are super yummy!
So when you are canning, you might think about dehydrating too!
The dehydrator at work on my island! It may stay there for a while!

Dried Apples
  • Peel and Core apples. Slice them uniform about 1/4-1/2 inch thick (I have a mandolin which is awesome for cutting uniformly). You can pretreat the apples, but I didn't and they didn't brown.
  • With the thickness I had, it took my apples about 4 hours to dry. Start them in the morning and then go about your day and you will find a yummy treat!

No comments: