Friday, September 17, 2010

Ranger Cookies

I can't believe this cookie isn't on here yet! Todd is going hunting and made a special request for this cookie! I thought sure, everyone loves it. Then someone asked me if it was on the blog, and I thought sure I have made these lots!
Well I guess I haven't made them enough because the recipe wasn't on the blog!
So here it is and it is a great recipe and one of our favorites!
Ranger Cookies
(my sis in CA who got it from a lady in her ward!)

Cream together:

  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1 cup butter (may use 1/2 butter and 1/2 shortening)
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla

Add:

  • 2 cups flour
  • 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 2 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp salt

Mix together well with cream mixture.

Add:

  • 1 cup chocolate chips (I used 1/2 chocolate and 1/2 butterscotch)
  • 1 cup coconut
  • 1 cup rolled oats
  • 1 cup cornflakes (I didn't have any so I used rice krispies and they still turned out great!)
  • Chopped walnuts (optional)

Bake on Greased (which I forgot to do and they didn't stick on my cookie pans) cookie sheet at 350 for 10-12 minutes. (I used my small cookie scoop and mine were done in about 9 minutes)

ENJOY!!!

No comments: