Friday, January 7, 2011

Angel Sugar Cookies

This is yet another Pioneer Woman recipe! What did I cook before I started reading her blog???? These were super yummy cookies, in fact my boys both told me they were the best! They are like sugar cookies in taste but very light, airy and melt in your mouth texture. They crumble easily and are recommended not for transport! I think it is because they do break easily!
If you are having a party and need a really good cookie, this could be the one! I thought next time I might dust them with colored sugar or something to make them festive since you can't frost these!
ENJOY!!!
Angel Sugar Cookies
(Pioneer Woman Cookbook)
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 cup oil
  • 2 sticks (1/2 lb) butter, softened
  • 1 cup granulated sugar, plus extra for the tops of the cookies
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
  • 1 tsp pure vanilla extract (I cheated and used imitation, that's what I had)
  • 4 cups plus 2 tbsp flour
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp cream of tartar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a large mixing bowl, cream together the eggs, oil, butter, granulated sugar, powdered sugar, and vanilla.

Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well. Refrigerate for 1 hour!

Using a cookie scoop or spoon, drop the balls of dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Then smear some butter on the bottom of a drinking glass. Then dip the glass into some granulated sugar. Use the glass to flatten the dough balls in to disks. Re dip the glass into the sugar for each cookie. Repeat until all the dough balls are flattened.

Bake for 9-11 minutes, or until the cookies are just barely turning brown around the edges. Allow to cool before eating!!

No comments: