Monday, January 10, 2011

Simple, Pan-Fried Pork Chops

I went to Costco and found that they had their pork chops on sale in the coupon book. I couldn't resist a good deal and bought some and then went searching the Internet to find a new way to cook pork chops! Well guess what???
Of course Pioneer Woman had a great recipe on her site! They were juicy, flavorful, easy and down right good! So go to Costco and get some of those pork chops (which I cut each pork chop in half width wise because they are sooo thick!! Twice as many pork chops now!) and enjoy them a new way!
Simple, Pan-Fried Pork Chops
(The Pioneer Woman)
  • 7 or 8 breakfast chops, very thin Bone-in pork chops (I used the Costco ones cut in half)
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1 tsp seasoned salt (she recommended Lawrys, is there a difference in brands??)
  • 1 tsp black pepper
  • Cayenne Pepper, to taste (I just sprinkled some on all over the flour)
  • 1/2 cup oil
  • 1 tbsp butter
  • Extra Salt and Pepper, to Taste

Rinse pork chops (she rinses, I didn't do that! Maybe I should???). Mix flour, seasoned salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper together in a dish. Salt and pepper both sides of your chops. I salt and peppered one side and then placed that side down in the flour mixture. Then I salt and peppered the other side when it was in the flour. After you have dredged each side in the flour mixture, place on a plate.

Heat oil over medium-medium/high heat. Add butter (I forgot this part!!). She said on her blog that this adds flavor and crustiness to the pork chop! When butter is melted and butter/oil mixture is hot, cook 3 pork chops at a time until no pink juices remain!

Remove to a plate and cook remaining pork chops.

Delicious and simple and serve with mashed potatoes (which I will share an AWESOME recipe for some tomorrow!!!)

No comments: