Friday, January 21, 2011

Gourmet Mom's High Altitude Chocolate Chip Cookies

I have been always searching for a GREAT Chocolate Chip cookie recipe! It seems some turn out too flat or too flat or way too flat! I seem to have that problem and have been trying them and I think I found success! I like a cookie to not sink and have some structure to it and then to also be soft! Yes I was searching for a soft cookie too!
I really thought these cookies have turned out the best in my search!
Gourmet Mom's High Altitude Chocolate Chip Cookies
  • 2 sticks butter (I did 1/2 cup butter, 1/2 cup margarine)
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tbsp vanilla
  • 3/4 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 2 3/4 cups flour
  • 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Whip butter until creamy, then add sugars and beat. Add salt, vanilla, and eggs.

Sift flour and soda, then add to mixture (I did sift the flour and soda, I don't know if this makes a difference or not!). Add chocolate chips.

Bake 8-11 minutes until edges are barely brown!

No comments: