Monday, January 17, 2011

Ranch Dressing

We are not big Ranch dressing eaters! I know sounds weird, but for some reason we like it but it is not a necessity of life in our house. Well I decided to try a homemade version and see what we all thought!
I think it turned out good, it was easy and it had ingredients that I normally have on hand!
Ranch Dressing
(from Annie's Eats)
  • 3/4 cup mayonaise (she used light)
  • 3/4 cup sour cream (she also used light)
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 tbsp lemon juice
  • 1/4-1 cup buttermilk (she used 1 cup I used about 3/4 cup)
  • 1 small bunch of chives (didn't have this, added some onion powder, just a dash or so)
  • 1 clove garlic chopped (I minced mine)
  • 1/2 tsp kosher salt
  • black pepper

Combine all of the above ingredients in a blender or food processor starting with 1/4 cup of the buttermilk and blend for 10 seconds. Check the consistency and taste and blend in additional buttermilk as desired. Taste and adjust seasonings as necessary.

Store in an airtight container in refrigerator!

No comments: