Thursday, January 13, 2011

Chocolate Waffles

I made these for breakfast when Todd was out of town! My boys are always up for a new chocolate recipe, but sometimes my husband is less than thrilled when it happens at breakfast! I thought these waffles were really good! Of course some of you know, just about anything with chocolate is good!! We ate them with maple syrup, but we all decided some whip cream and strawberries would make these super delish!!!
Chocolate Waffles
The Ghiradelli Chocolate Cookbook)
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1 cup cocoa powder (of course the cookbook version says ghiradelli cocoa powder)
  • 1 tbsp baking powder
  • 2 tbsp sugar
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 2 cups milk
  • 4 large eggs, separated
  • 4 tbsp oil
  • 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Combine the baking powder, flour and cocoa in a mixing bowl.

In a separate bowl whisk together the milk, egg yolks and oil. Add this mixture to the dry ingredients.

In another bowl (or your mixer) beat the egg whites on medium speed until soft peaks form. It shouldn't take long, only about 3 minutes.

Fold the egg whites into your chocolatey batter.

Stir in your chocolate chips and you are ready to cook! Make sure you spray your waffle iron before you put your batter in!

**I halved this recipe for me and my 2 boys and it made plenty!**

No comments: