Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Teriyaki Chicken

I have had this recipe for quite some time and have never tried it! It was given to me by a lady that lives near by who is a great cook! I don't know why it took me so long to try it~it was simple, easy and my kids ate it up (and my husband)!
It isn't really saucy, but the chicken has great flavor! My kids prefer it this way, since they like there chicken on the side and butter on there rice! We all didn't mind the less sauce!
Teriyaki Chicken
  • 6 chicken breasts (I only did 3, but kept marinade the same)
  • 1/2 cup soy sauce
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 tsp garlic salt

Place chicken in a zip lock bag. I cut up my chicken into smaller pieces so they would cook faster too.

In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, brown sugar and garlic salt. Pour over chicken and squish the bag around to get the chicken coated. Can leave the chicken in marinade for a few hours or use the chicken right away after coating.

Grill or cook over the stove on medium heat for about 20 minutes. I poured some of the marinade over the chicken and cooked it in that too.

May also bake the chicken in the oven at 350 for about 45 minutes.

Serve over hot buttered rice!

No comments: