Friday, March 18, 2011

Rainbow Jello

I found this on Sisters Stuff and had to try it out for our St. Patrick's Day dinner!
It definitely took time, but was very simple! She recommended on her site to save all day to make this-it took me most of the morning but I was able to get other things done in between!
It was a hit and it looked super fun and was worth the time for a treat!
Definitely not something I would make often, but fun every once in a while!
Rainbow Jello
(Sisters Stuff)
  • 6 small pkg jello (lime, lemon, orange, strawberry, cherry, black cherry) made in this order. ~ I couldn't find black cherry so I made one less layer!
  • 1 16 oz sour cream ~ I would have needed a little bit more if I had done all the layers!

STEP ONE:

Take 1 box of Jello (she started with Lime) and 1 cup of boiling water and mix together until jello is dissolved.

STEP TWO:

Then measure out 1/2 cup of jello mixture into another bowl and add 1/3 cup sour cream. Mix together with a whisk. Pour into a 9 x 13 pan and set in the refrigerator until set, about 20 minutes. Make sure that your pan is level in the refrigerator.

STEP THREE:

Then mix 3 tbsp cold water in with remaining jello mixture and pour over firm sour cream mixture. (I found you should start pouring around the edges where it is the firmest) Let firm and then repeat steps with the other jello flavors!

She added that it is best to let this sit overnight, I made it the same day and it was fine too! Cut in squares to serve!

No comments: