Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Pasta with Cream Sauce


This recipe comes from a Taste of Home magazine! The recipe doesn't add chicken, but I added it to mine and I think next time I will add a vegetable too! My kids really liked this!!
________________________________
1 pkg pasta (16 ounces)
1 small red onion, chopped
4 large garlic cloves, minced
3 tbsp olive oil
3/4 cup chicken broth
1 1/2 tsp minced fresh basil (I used dry)
1 1/2 tsp minced fresh oregano (used dry)
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 cup heavy whipping cream
__________________________
Cook pasta according to package directions.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Stir in broth, basil, oregano, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, cook for 8 minutes or until reduced by about half. Stir in cream. Cook, uncovered, 8-10 minutes longer or until sauce is reduced to 1 1/4 cups.
Drain pasta, toss with sauce. (add chicken and vegies if desired!) Yield 8 servings!

1 comment:

Adrienne and Ryan Mangus said...

I chose to make this recipe at the last minute and did not have heavy whipping cream. I substituted it with 5oz. softened cream cheese, 1/2 cup sour cream, 1 can cream of celery, 1 cup milk (it's what I had on hand). It turned out good! I also added the chicken and mixed vegetables.