Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Blue Cheese and Dried Cranberry Tossed Salad

Yum Yum Yum!!!
Yes all I can say is this is super yummy and so good!!! Did I say that already!
I had a salad with blue cheese at a friends house and went looking for something similar and came across this one!
I really like blue cheese and adding it to a salad is genius and I can't believe I didn't think of adding it to a salad sooner!
So if you like blue cheese and need a salad for the holidays try this one you wont be disappointed! I didn't use the balsamic vinegar and used my favorite raspberry vinaigrette, so I will add that at the end too!
______________________
Blue Cheese and Dried Cranberry Tossed Salad
  • 4 hearts of romaine lettuce, chopped (I just used any lettuce on hand)
  • 1/2 half an English cucumber, sliced
  • 3/4 cup grape tomatoes, halved
  • 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans
  • 1/2 cup dried cranberries
  • 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
  • 3/4 cup balsamic vinaigrette (or try the raspberry vinaigrette)

Layer the romaine lettuce with the cucumber, grape tomatoes, pecans, cranberries, and blue cheese in a large bowl. Dress the salad with the vinaigrette before serving.

Raspberry Vinaigrette

  • 3 ounces raspberry vinegar (1/4 cup + 2 tbsp)
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 3-4 tbsp grated red onion
  • 3/4 tsp salt
  • pinch of dry mustard
  • 3/4 cup oil
  • 3/4 tbsp poppy seeds

Mix all together and pour over favorite green salad!

No comments: