Sunday, August 15, 2010

Pepperoni Pasta Salad

I found this on Jamie Cooks it Up and it turned out really good! Sometimes I think pasta salads lack flavor, but this one had good flavor and was a great summer meal. My kids ate hot dogs, but I think they would have liked this if they tried it!
Pepperoni Pasta Salad
  • 1 16oz pkg multicolored pasta
  • 1 small can olives
  • 3 large carrots
  • 1 green pepper (I didn't have one so I cut up a cucumber)
  • 1/2 bunch green onions (I didn't add these because I didn't have any)
  • 2 tomatoes (or 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes)
  • 3/4 cup pepperoni
  • 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 tbsp Johnny's Garlic Seasoning (I just minced 1 clove of garlic)
  • 1 tsp sugar
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1/2 bottle Kraft Zesty Italian Dressing (I just used the Italian I had on hand)

Boil up your pasta and cook according to directions. Rinse in cool water and set it aside in a large bowl.

Chop up your vegies and pepperoni and add to your pasta bowl.

Add all other ingredients except your Italian dressing to the pasta and mix well.

Refrigerate for at least an hour.

Just before serving, pour the Italian dressing on to taste! (I sprinkled mozzarella cheese on top of the individual bowls too!)

No comments: