Saturday, August 14, 2010

No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies

I was surprised to find in the cookie section we had no recipes for no-bakes! These cookies are not always my favorite, but are great when it is summer and you don't want to use your oven! I found this recipe on http://www.jamiecooksitup.blogspot.com/ and they looked so yummy I had to make some! They are just as good as I remember and a great easy treat for the kids and all their friends!
No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
Jamie Cooks it up!
  • 4 cups sugar
  • 6 tbsp cocoa
  • 1 cup butter
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 2 tsp vanilla
  • 1 cup crunchy peanut butter (I only had creamy and used that)
  • 6 cups quick oats (add 7 cups if using regular oats)

Put the sugar, cocoa, butter, milk, and salt in a large saucepan. Over medium high heat, bring it to a boil, stirring occasionally. When it comes to a boil, start stirring constantly for 3 minutes.

Remove from heat and add your vanilla, peanut butter and oats. Stir in around until it is all incorporated. (I added the vanilla and peanut butter and then stirred until the peanut butter was melted. Then I poured this on top of the oats in a bigger bowl and stirred it all together.) It might be a little thin at first, but it will set up!

Drop by large spoonfuls onto wax paper. If you don't have wax paper, just spray cooking spray on cooking sheets and that will work too! Let the cookies cool and set up for about 20 minutes, then you are ready to eat!!

Makes 36 large or 70 small cookies!

No comments: