Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Citrus Salad and Sugared Pecans

After a long adventure up in the mountains this summer, I am officially back and ready to try new recipes again!
I made this salad a few nights ago and it is one my mom makes that we enjoy!
It is light and fresh for summer time and my most favorite part about it is....
putting the sugared pecans on top! They are sooo yummy that I always make extras to just eat! I don't know why I don't make these more often, probably because I would sit and eat them all day!
Citrus Salad
(from my mom and ???)
  • 8 cups lettuce
  • 8 cups romaine
  • 1 red onion, thinly sliced
  • 1 pint strawberries, halved
  • 1 orange, peeled and cubed
  • 2 avocados, sliced

Citrus Salad Dressing

  • 2/3 cup vegetable oil
  • 2 tbsp orange juice
  • 1 tsp lime zest
  • 1/4 cup lime juice
  • 2 tbsp sugar
  • 1 tsp orange zest

Sugared Pecans

  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 2/3 cup pecan halves

Mix sugar and pecans, cook over low heat until sugar melts, stirring to coat - spread on tin foil to cool.

No comments: