Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Swirled or Tie-Dyed Sugar Cookies

I started out with a different plan on making sugar cookies.  I ended up with this design!  I divided my sugar cookie dough and colored half of it.  Then I kind of kneaded it together and mixed it up!
The fun part about doing this is that you can change the color up for any occassion ~ blue and white for BYU fans, green and white for St. Patricks day, etc.
I liked how it turned out~kind of proud of myself for making something fun and new!  Ben is bringing these to school today for his class Valentine treat and I sent some with Todd to work so I wouldn't sit at home eating them!  Something about sugar cookies that are sooo yummy!
You can use your favorite sugar cookie recipe, or I have added the one I used that to me never fails and is super soft and yummy!
HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!

Sour Cream Sugar Cookies

1 1/4 cups sugar

3/4 cup softened butter

2 large eggs

1/4 cup sour cream

1 1 /2 tsp vanilla

3 1/4 cups flour

1/2 tsp baking soda

1/4 tsp salt

Beat butter and sugar till light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, sour cream, and vanilla. Gradually beat in dry ingredients. Refrigerate over night or as long as you can (at least an hour or so!).

Roll and cut out with cookie cutters! Bake 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes!

No comments: