Friday, February 24, 2012

Creamy Bacon Carbonara

This was described as simple ~ it was!!
This was described as yummy ~ it definitely was!!
This was a very good meal that the entire family loved!  I did add peas to add some veggies to it!
My kids thought it was a little spicy, so I will probably use a little less red pepper flakes next time!  I 1 1/2 the sauce, she doubled the sauce.  I thought it was plenty, but next time I will 1 1/2 the sauce but not add more pepper flakes!
Definitely an add to my recipes!!
Creamy Bacon Carbonara
(www.justgetoffyourbuttand via pinterest)bake.com
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/4 cup cream
  • 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
  • sprinkle dried parsley flakes
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
  • (she doubled the sauce, I 1 1/2 the sauce-but wont add more red pepper flakes next time)
  • 1/2 lb bacon
  • 1 small onion, chopped ~ optional
  • 3 mushrooms sliced ~ optional
  • cooked peas ~ which I added to the recipe
Beat the eggs, cream, parmesan, parsley, salt and red pepper flakes in a bowl.  Use a whisk or fork, whatever you like!

Fry the bacon until crisp.  I like to use my kitchen scissors and cut up the bacon before it is cooked.  Once crisp, set it aside (I like to put it on a paper towel to get some of the grease out!).

While you are cooking your bacon, cook your pasta according to pkg directions.

If you are going to add onions and mushrooms, set aside about 1-2 tbsp bacon grease and saute your onions and mushrooms in it.  Cook until translucent and golden.  Also cook your peas and then set them aside.

Drain your pasta when done and while still warm, add to the onions and mushrooms.  Pour the cream mixture over the top and stir over LOW heat for 1-2 minutes.  Make sure it is on low so you don't scramble the eggs!  Add your bacon and peas and mix.

Serve with additional Parmesan cheese and some yummy french bread and salad!  Enjoy!!

No comments: