Monday, February 13, 2012

Crock Pot Teriyaki Chicken

I have started doing at least one crock pot meal a week!  It just makes my afternoons when the kids get home so much easier sometimes to have dinner most of the way done!
We like chicken and rice.  I would eat it once a week at least!  Brown rice would be better and I will probably start trying to add that in!
This was a simple recipe and it even provided sauce to put on your rice!  My chicken was flavorful and not dry and the sauce was yummy!
I am excited to have another easy meal to make!
Crock Pot Teriyaki Chicken
  • 12 boneless skinless chicken thighs~about 3 lbs (I used about 5 chicken breasts)
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 3/4 cup soy sauce
  • 6 tbsp apple cider vinegar
  • 3/4 tsp ground ginger
  • 3/4 tsp minced garlic (I minced about 4 cloves garlic)
  • 1/4 tsp pepper
  • 4 1/2 tsp cornstarch
  • 4 1/2 tsp cold water
  • Hot cooked rice
  • Veggies of your choosing~broccoli, snap peas, etc.
Place chicken (I even used frozen chicken and it worked great) in your slow cooker~I always try to spray with non-stick spray before I add my ingredients.

In a bowl, combine sugar, soy sauce, cider vinegar, ginger, garlic and pepper.  Pour over chicken.  Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours.

Remove chicken and let it rest.  Skim any fat from cooking liquid and place in a sauce pan and bring to a boil.  Mix together your corn starch and cold water.  Gradually stir into boiling sauce and stir until sauce is thickened.

Serve sauce with your chicken and rice.  Next time I am going to add cooked broccoli and sugar snap peas to this to make a sort of stir fry with the sauce!

Yummy!!!

No comments: