Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Soap Dispensers

I did a little kitchen crafting this last weekend and thought I would share!

I originally had this dispenser used for my olive oil. Then I read all about how olive oil needs to be stored in the dark and that it can go bad not sealed etc.

So I removed my olive oil and put dish soap in it! I had seen this at a friends a long time ago and thought it looked much better than the dish soap container on the counter. Also, the soap comes out slow so you never use too much!

I saw this idea on a blog and I can't remember where now! I decided to try it out in order to get some of those ugly hand soap containers out of my bathroom!

I thought it turned out pretty good and it would work for any soap dispenser you have in your house! I got a mason jar and lid first. I used a heavy duty nail and just hammered a hole the same size as my soap pump. (I used the pump from my ugly store bought bottle!) Once you can get your pump inside the hole stick it in and make sure it reaches the bottom. I had to cut a little off my pump. I then hot glued the lid to the ring of my jar and tied a little bow around it! Fill it with soap and you are done! You could decorate your jar many different ways, I just had some ribbon nearby and used that!

No comments: