Thursday, April 14, 2011

Garlic-Balsamic Asparagus

I love asparagus! I have usually just steamed it and eaten it just plain or with a little salt and pepper!

I saw this recipe and decided, why not give it a try!

I was glad I did! It was very easy and really really yummy!

I found it in my new Our Best Bites cookbook, which I recommend to anyone!

I cooked it in my oven, but you can also grill it on your barbeque too!

Garlic-Balsamic Asparagus

(Our Best Bites cookbook



1 lb asparagus (or whatever you have on hand or want to serve)

1/2 tsp kosher salt (I used sea salt)

1/4 tsp pepper

1 tbsp olive oil

1 tbsp balsamic vinegar

1 tsp minced garlic (I used 2 cloves, minced)



  1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees


  2. Wash asparagus and then snap the woody ends off the bottom of each stem.


  3. In a small bowl, combine the salt, pepper, olive oil, vinegar and garlic. Drizzle over asparagus in a small container and then toss to coat.


  4. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and then spray the foil with non-stick cooking spray. Arrange the asparagus in a single layer on the baking sheet. Drizzle any remaining oil and vinegar mixture on top.


  5. Roast for 10 minutes, turning about half way through!

Enjoy a new an easy way to eat asparagus!

No comments: