Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easy Tostadas

I found this idea in my All You magazine. They made it a little different, I made it more like tacos. I think the possibilities are endless and what was great was that it was easy and quick. I was looking for a quick meal with Baseball and T-ball practice starting.


It was quick and easy and my family really liked it!


Easy Tostadas



(altered from recipe found in All You magazine)





  • Corn Tortillas


  • 1 15 oz can of black beans, drained and rinsed



  • Ground Beef (as much as you need for your family, I used 1 lb)



  • Taco seasoning.



  • Salsa



  • lettuce



  • Sour cream



  • Avocado, sliced



  • Grated cheddar cheese


Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Arrange corn tortillas (as many as will fit on a cookie sheet in a single layer ~ I got about 6 on mine) on a cookie sheet and then spray them with non-stick spray. Then sprinkle with salt. Bake until beginning to crisp, about 5-7 minutes. (The 2nd time I made this with the leftovers, we just fried the tortillas in a little oil on the stove and then did the remaining steps. Quicker and just as good, but not as healthy!)


Meanwhile, cook your ground beef. When done, drain the grease and add taco seasoning to your liking. (This part can be done in advance. Have your meat already cooked and ready to add to your shells in the morning)


When your tortillas are done, set your oven to Broil. Next put your meat on your tortillas, then black beans, salsa and cheese. This is where you can add what your family likes. Broil your tostadas until the cheese is melted and everything is heated through ~ about 1-2 minutes.


Now top with lettuce, avocado, sour cream and enjoy! I ate mine like a tostada. The boys folded theirs in half and ate like a taco!

No comments: