Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Chicken Spaghetti

I found this recipe on Jack and Jill's Kitchen! It was really good and everyone loved it! My family has been kind of tired of regular spaghetti and this was a great change!
You make it in the crock pot which was a big bonus for me!
I halved the recipe for my family and it made a lot even halved!!
Make sure that you add an hour to your when you start! Once the chicken is done and shredded it needs another hour with the saucy stuff!
Chicken Spaghetti
(found on Jack and Jill's Kitchen)


6 chicken breasts (I added more just because I was planning on feeding more than just my family) ~ I even used frozen chicken
1 onion chopped (I always use a sweet variety)
1 pkg. sliced mushrooms ~I didn't add these because of the boys
2 pkgs dry spaghetti sauce mix - use McCormick
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup butter (can substitute with chicken broth. I used 1/4 cup each butter/broth)


Cook in crock pot 4-6 hours on high or 8-10 hours on low. I found my chicken was done sooner, so watch!

When done shred the chicken with a fork then add:

2 8 oz pkg. cream cheese
2 cans of cream of chicken soup

Stir. Cook on low for 1 hour longer. Serve over angel hair pasta.

1 comment:

Emily Asay said...

i love this blog!! so many great recipes that i've been wanting to try and have already. for my bday i want this whole blog made into a book :)