Saturday, October 2, 2010

Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff

I found this recipe on Jack and Jills kitchen and had to try it! It took me a while to do it, but it was a complete success! Todd loves Beef Stroganoff and I hate to make it! It seems to be a lot of standing at the stove, so when Jill posted this recipe and said how good it was at her house I had to try it!
Even better was when I got mushrooms from Bountiful Basket this last week and had a recipe ready to use them! This was a simple recipe with great flavor and best of all I used my crock pot! I next time will use the low fat cream cheese, not to say it wasn't great with the real deal, but I kept thinking about that whole thing of cream cheese in there!
All I can say is I got a big thumbs up from the hubby and that makes it a keeper for me!
Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff
  • 2 lbs cubed stew meat, cut into smaller pieces
  • 2 (10.75 oz) cans cream of mushroom soup
  • 1 chopped onion (I cheated and used dry chopped onions)
  • 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1 packet lipton onion soup mix

Spray your crock pot with non-stick spray and add all the above ingredients. Combine together and cook on LOW for 8 hours or HIGH for 5 hours. (mine seemed to be done about 1 1/2 hours early cooked on low, keep an eye on it in the end)

Just before serving add:

  • 8 oz cream cheese (regular or low fat works)
  • 1/2 to 1 cup sour cream
  • fresh mushrooms - sauted in butter before adding

Serve over wide egg noodles or rice! We did the noodles and really like it that way! The beef came out shredded and I really really liked it that way! YUMMY!

No comments: