Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Delicious Baked Fudge

This is a Pioneer Woman favorite! I have been wanting to try this for a while, but with Easter and being gone I haven't been motivated to bake (maybe because of all the candy I have eaten lately!)!! But FHE came around and I was the treat, so we made these!
They were really good, especially with ice-cream! The other great thing was that it made 4 (I got 5) so there wasn't very many leftovers and I had promised the boys the leftover one!
Next time I will make sure to cook them a little longer, but other than that they were YUMMY!!
Delicious Baked Fudge
(from the pioneerwoman.com)
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 heaping tbsp cocoa
  • 2 tbsp flour
  • 1/2 cup butter, melted
  • 1 tsp vanilla

Preheat oven to 300-325 degrees.

Beat eggs until light in color. Beat in sugar until just combined. Add cocoa, flour, melted butter and vanilla extract. Mix gently until well combined.

Pour batter into 4 large ramekins (I used 5 because I wasn't sure if mine were large!) or one 8-inch square baking dish (It doesn't say to spray them, but I did grease mine). Set ramekins or pan into a larger pan halfway full of water.

Bake 40-50 minutes, or until upper crust is crispy and the rest of the batter is firm but not set. Toothpick should come out...not clean, but mixture should not be overly runny. If you pull it out of the oven and have second thoughts, stick it back in for ten more minutes.

Serve with sweetened whipped cream or vanilla ice cream!

No comments: