Friday, April 16, 2010

Making Sweetened Condensed Milk from Powdered Milk

I bought Crystal Godfreys book I Can't Believe it's Food Storage and I love all her ideas and how she makes using your storage look so easy. She is also the person behind the site http://www.everydayfoodstorage.net/. You should check out her site and her book! Both are excellent! I made this sweetened condensed milk for about 75 cents (which is found in her book) and I know a can from the store is alot more than that!
So I share the recipe hoping to inspire all to use or rotate your storage!
Sweetened Condensed Milk
(from I Can't Believe its Food Storage book)
  • 1/2 cup hot water
  • 1 cup non-instant dry powdered milk
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 tbsp butter

Combine ingredients and mix thoroughly in blender. Use immediately or store in refrigerator or freezer.

No comments: