Thursday, April 29, 2010

Cookie Pops and Sugar Cookie Butter Dip

I made some Cookie Pops today and thought I would share this idea!
I love how these cookies turn out and how cute and fun it makes a sugar cookie!
Wilton has a pan that you can buy to make the shapes and put your sticks, but I just used cookie cutters and a regular cookie sheet!
These are simple and a fun treat to bring your neighbor!
I used the Sour Cream Sugar Cookie recipe on this site, they are my favorite. I also cheated a little and sprinkled sprinkles on them before I baked them!
What I did was rolled my dough out thin and put one cookie on the cookie sheet and then put the stick on top and then layered another cut out cookie on top! Then I just smush the sides together a little to make sure they don't separate!
Then you bake as directed and frost. I drizzled this Sugar Cookie Butter Dip my sister gave me and it is sooo good and you could even dip the whole cookie in it too!
Sugar Cookie Butter Dip
  • 1/2 cup powdered sugar
  • 4 tbsp butter
  • 1 tbsp water

Melt butter with water and let stand for 5 minutes. Then add powdered sugar and mix well. Add food coloring here if you want a fun color!

Dip cooled cookie in the dip and then let dry on a cooling rack with a cookie sheet underneath to prevent drips all over your counter. Or I just drizzled the butter dip on the cookies with a spoon!

No comments: