Monday, January 11, 2010

Slow Cooker Southwest Chicken Stacks

I wanted something quick and easy tonight, and I found a great recipe! I even loved it because I used food storage to make it! The corn was from the garden that I froze, and the salsa was also made from my garden!
I found this crock pot recipe on www.mykitchencafe.blogspot.com. She has some great recipes! The kids gave it a thumbs up and it can be eaten any way your family likes it! The recipe recommends to put this on top of chips, my boys had it in a tortilla!
Eat it any way you want and super simple because you make it in the morning!
Slow Cooker Southwest Chicken Stacks
  • 2 cups frozen corn
  • 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
  • 2 large frozen chicken breasts (I would add more than that)
  • 1 1/2 cups salsa

Lightly grease the bottom and sides of the slow cooker. Pour frozen corn into the bottom of the slow cooker and place frozen chicken breasts on top. Cover with beans and salsa. Cover slow cooker and cook on low for 6 hours. Remove chicken from slow cooker and shred with forks (I just shredded it in the crock pot). Return to slow cooker and stir until the chicken, corn, beans and salsa are combined.

Serve on a bed of tortilla chips and top with additional garnishes: lettuce, tomato, avocado, sour cream, cheese, etc.

1 comment:

Nate @ House of Annie said...

Looks delicious, and it's so easy to make! It's great that you have your own homemade salsa.

Since you're using homegrown ingredients, would you like to enter this post in our Grow Your Own roundup this month? Full details at

http://chezannies.blogspot.com/2010/01/rambutans-plus-grow-your-own.html