Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Molten Chocolate Cakes

I found this recipe a while back and have always wanted to make them! My sister gave me ramikens one year and I have made a few things, but this was what I really wanted to try! I love how they are little individual servings of ooey gooey cake, ooey gooey because the insides are like lava! The insides ooze out and it is super yummy chocolate!

You can top yours with whip cream, strawberries or whatever your heart desires! I think this would be a really fun Valentines Dessert!

Molten Chocolate Cake
(from Kraft foods website)
  • 4 squares Bakers semi-sweet chocolate (you could probably substitute 4 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips)
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 egg yolks
  • 6 tbsp flour
  • 1/2 cup thawed cool whip topping, or whatever topping you would like (strawberries, raspberries, nuts etc.)

Preheat oven to 425. Grease 4 custard cups or souffle dishes (I used 5 for this recipe). Place on baking sheet.

Microwave chocolate and butter in large microwaveable bowl on HIGH for 1 minute or until butter is melted. Stir with wire whisk until chocolate is completely melted. Stir in sugar until well blended. Blend in eggs and egg yolks with wire whisk. Stir in flour. Divide batter among prepared custard cups. (I filled mine about 3/4 full)

Bake 13-14 minutes or until sides are firm but centers are soft. Let stand 1 minute. Carefully run a small knife around cakes to loosen. Invert cakes onto dessert dishes. Serve immediately, topped with whipped topping! These are best warm from the oven!

No comments: