Sunday, December 20, 2009

Pecan Tassies

My sister rescued me the other day. We had Todd's work Christmas party at our house and I was trying to find some simple desserts to make. She had just made these and I had all the ingredients and had to give them a try. I have made these before I think, but not for a long time! They are just like mini pecan pies, and super simple because you don't have to stress about making the perfect crust! This recipe says it makes 24, but I only got about 16-20 because I ran out of filling. Next time I may need to put a little less filling or use more crust per mini pie!
Pecan Tassies
(I don't know where she found this!)
  • 1/2 cup butter, soft
  • 1, 3 ounce package cream cheese, softened
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1 egg, lightly beaten
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
  • 1 tbsp melted butter
  • 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
  • powdered sugar for dusting

Preheat oven to 325. Make pastry--In a medium bowl, beat together the butter and cream cheese until combined. Stir in flour. Press 1 rounded teaspoon of pastry evenly into the bottoms and sides of a mini muffin pan. (Use a really rounded tsp.)

For the filling--In a small bowl combine the egg, brown sugar and butter. Stir in pecans. Spoon about 1 heaping tsp into each pastry cup.

Bake for 25-30 minutes or until pastry is golden brown and filling is puffed. Cool slightly in pan on a wire rack. Carefully remove from muffin cups, cool completely on wire rack. If desired, sprinkle with powdered sugar!

No comments: