Friday, December 4, 2009

Linda's Sprinkle Cake

I found this recipe a long time ago and have never made it! I didn't get a picture of it, and now it is all gone! It is a super simple cake and I always like the look of a bundt cake!
You can add sprinkles or mini chocolate chips! I am all for the chocolate, so I added the chocolate chips! I dusted mine with powdered sugar, but you could also frost this cake too!
Linda's Sprinkle Cake
(sorry I don't remember where I found this one)
  • 1 box yellow cake mix
  • 1 box instant vanilla pudding mix (3.4 oz box)
  • 1/2 cup oil
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 4 eggs
  • 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped (I didn't have any and left them out)
  • 1 container chocolate sprinkles (1/3 cup) or mini chocolate chips (I used about 1/2 bag)

Heat oven to 350 and grease a bundt pan.

In a large bowl, combine cake mix and pudding mix. Add oil, water and eggs. On low speed, beat 30 seconds until moistened. On medium speed, beat for 2 minutes.

Stir in walnuts, sprinkles or mini chocolate chips.

Pour into prepared pan and bake for 50-60 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean.

Cool 5-10 minutes, remove from cake pan and cool on a rack.

Serve and enjoy!

**These are some variations that were added: vanilla pudding and spice cake mix with white chocolate chips.

No comments: