Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Cinnamon Oatmeal Pancakes

I got this recipe from Tracy's blog. I was looking at all her recipes and thought it looked really great to try. Not sure where she got it from but as I was mixing up the mix the boys got home from school. They looked at it and said it looked good and asked to have them for dinner. We did and they ALL loved them. I wasn't too sure I would like the texture for a pancake but I really liked it. Now I can't wait for pancake day to come around again. Loved them!

CINNAMON OATMEAL PANCAKE MIX

4 c. quick oats

2 c. white flour

2 c. whole wheat flour

1 c. dry milk

1/2 c. sugar

1 T. cinnamon

2 t. salt

3 T. baking powder

1/2t. cream tartar

Can be kept in an airtight container for up to 6 months.

To prepare: add 2 eggs, 3 T. oil, 2 c. mix and 1 c. water. Makes 8 cups of mix.

I added 8T. powdered eggs to the mix and increased water to 1 ¼ cup.

ALMOND BUTTERMILK SYRUP

(I didn’t make the syrup but sounds really yummy and really bad for you)

2 cubes butter

2 c. white sugar

1 c. buttermilk

Boil one minute, remove from heat and add 1 t. baking soda and 1 t. almond....be sure to add almond and not vanilla........you will love the flavor!

No comments: