Sunday, March 29, 2009

Potato Soup

This is a recipe I decided to try for potato soup not only because I love potato soup but I wanted one for the crock pot. It makes it so easy and it is really become one of my favorites. We had this for St. Patrick's Day and made it green.


5 cups of potatoes, diced
1/3 cup chopped onion
3 cups chicken broth
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/8 tsp pepper
Combine in crock pot. Cook on low for 8-10 hours or until potatoes are tender. Add:
8 oz. cream cheese
bacon pieces
Stir until blended may take a few minutes for cream cheese to melt and mix. Add fresh chives (I use bottled sometimes and they are still good. I think chives really makes this soup. I love it!!) to the top of your soup and serve.
This makes quite a bit. It feeds our family of seven with no leftovers (I will be doubling it next time!)

1 comment:

Emily S. said...

Tried this over the weekend and it is super easy and super good! It got a thumbs up from everyone! Next time though I will add more liquid, maybe just a cup of water in the end to make it a little less thick!