Monday, March 30, 2009

French Dip

Can I just say that I love the crock pot?! I am a big French dip fan and this one is my favorite recipe for it. I made it the other night and have been enjoying the leftovers all week. My family will all eat it, it's just not their fav.
1 roast (not really particular on the type, they have always come out great whatever I have used)
2 cups of water
1 package dry onion soup mix
1/4 cup soy sauce

Make sure to trim any fat off the roast. Put all in crock pot. Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours. Take out and shred meat or cut (if you have a slicer this works well). I always do this ahead of time then put back in crock pot until ready to serve. Serve on buns with dipping sauce. I just get all the meat out when ready to serve and ladle out the juice left in the crock pot to dip. Yum!!

1 comment:

Emily S. said...

Tried this tonight and it turned out really yummy! The best thing is I spent the day in Billings and dinner was ready when I got home!!