Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Chicken Nuggets

My sister gave me this recipe, and I am not sure where it came from!
I know chicken nuggets are easy to buy, but I am sure these are healthier!!
Chicken Nuggets

1/2 cup buttermilk
2 tsp honey
chicken breast cut into 1 inch wide strips
2/3 cup dried bread crumbs
coarse salt

In a large bowl or resealable plastic bag, combine buttermilk and honey. Add chicken and refrigerate at least 1 hour or up to overnight, turning occasionally. ( I doubled the recipe and had 3 chicken breasts)

Heat broiler. Put breadcrumbs in a dish. Lift chicken from buttermilk; dredge in breadcrumbs, patting them in. Place a rack (cooling rack) on top of a cookie sheet and spray with Pam. Arrange chicken in a single layer on rack and spray again.

Broil 4 inches from heat source (without turning), until chicken is golden brown and cooked through, 6-8 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with salt.

Dip chicken in ranch, barbeque sauce, or honey dipping sauce.

Honey Dipping Sauce

1 cup mayonaise
1/4 cup honey
2 tbsp dijon mustard
2 tbsp peanut butter

Mix together and enjoy!

No comments: