Monday, March 16, 2009

Festive Salad

This is one of my favorite salads! I made it last night and didn't end up with a picture, because it was all gone!!! My mom brought this recipe home for a Relief Society dinner she went too and it is definitely a winner!!
__________________________
Festive Salad
1 head iceberg lettuce
1 bunch spinach
1 bunch green leaf lettuce
(This makes alot of salad, I often add what lettuce I have for the amount I need!)
2 cans mandarin oranges, drained
2 granny smith apples, cubed
1/2 lb bacon--crumbled
1 pkg. slivered almonds
1 small bag shredded mozzarella cheese
~Clean lettuces and tear apart. Chill lettuces, oranges, and cubed apples. Just before serving put the rest of the salad together and pour dressing over and enjoy!!
Raspberry Vinaigrette
3 ounces raspberry vinegar (1/4 cup + 2 tbsp)
1/4 cup sugar
3-4 tbsp grated red onion
3/4 tsp salt
pinch of dry mustard
3/4 cup oil
3/4 tbsp poppy seeds
Mix all ingredients together and pour over salad!

No comments: