Monday, January 26, 2009

Pull Aparts (Monkey Bread)

These are one of our favorite 'sweet' morning dishes--regular 'ole cinnamon rolls are still first but these are a close second (especially for me as they are sooo easy!!).

12-16 Rhodes white dinner rolls
2/3 cup brown sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup butter or margarine melted
(you can add nut if you want, we never do)
Thaw rolls until soft (about 1-2 hours at room temp or put in fridge until ready to use). Quarter each roll (I actually use scissors). In a medium bowl, mix brown sugar and cinnamon. Dip rolls in butter then roll in cinnamon/sugar until thoroughly coated. Arrange in sprayed bundt pan (I usually use all the rolls called for--16 and put them in a 9"x13" pan). Cover with sprayed plastic wrap. (this is where I do it different too. I put wax paper over it and leave it on the counter all night. When I get up in the morning it is all ready to stick in the oven). Let rise until double in size (2-3 hours) Remove wrap. Bake at 350* for 30-35 minutes. Cover with foil the last 15 minutes of baking. Immediately after removing from oven, carefully release edges and center tube with a knife. Invert onto serving platter. (I leave mine in the pan or invert onto a tray and add frosting).
Frosting: 4oz cream cheese, 1 1/2 cups powder sugar, 1/4 cup butter, 1/2 T milk, 1/2 tsp vanilla. Mix well. Spread on pull aparts or make a little thinner and drizzle. Yum!

1 comment:

Emily S. said...

I made these last night except used the 60 minute roll recipe and put them in a bundt pan! They are soooo yummy!!!