Thursday, January 15, 2009

Meatballs

I like to use this recipe for my meatballs. I have used these meatballs in spaghetti; they would work well with any sauce. Our family's favorite is to use the Sweet Sauce listed below.

Basic Meatball Recipe
1 lb ground beef
1 c. bread crumbs
1 egg
2 tbs. minced onion
1 tbs. milk
1 clove garlic
1 tsp. salt

Combine above ingredients. Form into balls (I use my Pampered Chef cookie scoop). You can brown these on the stove in a small amount of oil, but I prefer to bake them. It is sooo much easier. I just use a cookie sheet and bake them at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes. Turn them half way through the baking time. You can also freeze these and pull them out later & reheat in the sauce you prefer.

Sweet Sauce
3/4 c. grape jelly
3/4 c. chili sauce
Cover meatballs in sauce. Simmer covered about 15 minutes. Enjoy!

No comments: