Monday, January 9, 2012

Snowman Donuts

I found another great idea on Pinterest and made them for Zach's birthday.  We brought them to his class for his birthday treat and they were a hit!  Zach loves powdered donuts, so how could I go wrong!
I did simplify them a little, but like how they turned out.  You can definitely add more decorations if you want!
Snowman Donuts
(idea found on Pinterest)
  • Powdered Donuts
  • mini chocolate chips for the eyes and mouth
  • M&M's for mouth, or you could use Mike-n-Ikes, or whatever you like
  • Hershey kisses for the hat
  • shish kabob skewers
  • Pull apart licorice for the scarf (which I didn't do this time)
Slide 3 donuts on your skewer.  Be careful here, I did break apart a few donuts.  This is the main reason I didn't add buttons on the body, I was afraid of the cracking.

Turn your Hershey kiss around on the skewer top to secure it in place.  Now decorate your snowman however you like or have your kids help.

The ones I saw were wrapped individually in bags with a ribbon tied around the skewer.  I was mass producing for a class, so no bags for me!

They were super cute and easy for a winter time treat!

No comments: