Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Creamy Crockpot Hot Cocoa

YUM, YUMMY, YUMMIRIFIC!!
I had this first at a friends house and then had to make it on my own.  Rich, creamy and oh so delicious.
I did make a few adjustments to make it a little healthier!  I thought it was still just as good and maybe not so heavy with the adjustments.  I will give both recipes and you can decide!!
_____________________________
Creamy Crock pot Hot Cocoa
(found on pinterest from MrsHappyHomemaker.com)

  • 1 1/2 cups heavy cream (I only did 3/4 cups)
  • 1 can sweetened condensed milk (14 oz)
  • 2 cups milk chocolate chips
  • 6 cups milk (I added another 3/4 cups)
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
Stir all ingredients together in your crock pot.  I basically halved the cream and then added more milk to make up the difference.  I will definitely do this all the time!

Cover and cook on low for 2 hours ~ coming back to whisk occasionally.  Garnish with marshmallows or whipped cream if desired. 

Enjoy on these cold winter days!  Great to start and have ready when kids get home!

No comments: