Friday, January 13, 2012

Crock Pot Barbecue Chicken

I found this recipe idea on Pinterest.  Yes pinterest again, but it is a great site with lots of people sharing their great finds!
The best part about this chicken is that it was cooked in the crock pot.  I love a meal that is done earlier in the afternoon, especially when you have kid activities in the after school.
Try this and you wont be disappointed!
Crock pot Barbecue Chicken
(found on pinterest via http://www.forkinit.blogspot.com/)
  • 4-6 pieces chicken breasts (can even use frozen ones)
  • 1 bottle BBQ sauce (she used sweet baby rays, I used what I had on hand)
  • 1/4 cup vinegar
  • 1 tsp red pepper flakes
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2-1 tsp garlic powder
Mix BBQ sauce with vinegar, red pepper flakes, brown sugar and garlic powder.  Place chicken in your crock pot (I try to spray with non-stick spray every time to make for easier clean up).  Pour the sauce over the top and cook on LOW for 4-6 hours.

We ate this with baked potatoes, broccoli and Cheddar and Herb biscuits~a recipe I will share!

No comments: