Friday, October 28, 2011

White Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Cookies

It is definitely pumpkin season and time to get all those pumpkin recipes out!  I have found a few keepers and have loved the smell these recipes make when they are baking! 
I found this recipe on Tasty Kitchen and had to try the combination with white chocolate.  This recipe also adds pumpkin spice, which I don't think I have added to my cookies before!  They had great flavor and were really moist!  To me anything with chocolate is great!  These are probably good with semi-sweet chocolate too!
White Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Cookies
  • 2 1/4 cups flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 2 tsps pumpkin pie spice
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1 cup pumpkin puree
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a mixer, cream butter with sugars.  Add your pumpkin, egg, and vanilla.  Combine thoroughly. 

Slowly add your dry ingredients.  They recommended putting all your dry ingredients in a separate bowl and whisking together.  I always just add the spices first and then the flour a little at a time.

Stir in the chocolate chips.  Drop by small cookie scoop or spoonfuls on parchment lined baking sheets. (I did use parchment, not sure if you have to or not, but nice clean up!!)

Bake for 10-12 minutes.  Cool for a couple minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool!

No comments: