Wednesday, August 12, 2009

My kids Favorite Cookies

I found this recipe in the August/September 2009 issue of Taste of Home. I couldn't resist their name and had to try them! I also seem to have an abundance of chocolate from a recent sale!
They turned out really yummy!!
Try them out!
My kids favorite Cookies
Taste of Home
1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups oats
1 cup flaked coconut
5 milk chocolate candy bars (1.55 oz bars)
_______________________
In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until fluffy and light. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the dry ingredients and add to the butter mixture and mix well.
Beat in oats and coconut.
Roll into 1-inch balls (I used my cookie scoop). Place 2-in. apart on ungreased baking sheet; flatten slightly.
Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
Break each candy bar into 12 pieces; press a chocolate piece into the center of each warm cookie.
Remove to wire racks and enjoy!

2 comments:

Megan said...

I love coconut and these sound delicious!

Brett and Desiree said...

You're right--these are yummy! FYI, for some reason, I only needed 3 Hershey's bars.