Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Green Beans

I found this recipe in a Taste of Home email I received! I have found a lot of recipes from Taste of Home lately, and they all have turned out really good! I tried this recipe for my family (since I don't like green beans), and even I tried one and liked it!
I was told this was one of the best ways for beans!
__________________
Jean's Favorite Beans

1 big bag flash-frozen string beans (I like the skinny ones)
2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced ( I minced the garlic)
2 Tbsp. olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
Sprinkle of Parmesan cheese
Put string beans in a frying pan with a little water; cover and simmer on the stove, about 5 min., until hot. (I actually steamed them in the microwave first and then followed the rest of the directions) Push to one side of pan. Add olive oil; when hot, add garlic. When garlic is light brown, mix string beans in with oil and garlic. Turn heat to high and let brown a bit. Add salt, pepper and cheese to taste. Serve.

No comments: